Welcome to the World of Cowboy Dressage®.
We have always felt that it takes courage to live your dreams. It is the goal of Cowboy Dressage World to help make your dreams a reality. Horsemanship is an arduous journey. A good relationship with a horse is an endless endeavor. There are highs and lows, frustration and joy, disappointment and achievement. Horses can stir all our deepest emotions. They heighten our senses and test our patience and knowledge. They can bring us peace and safe haven. Horses call to us and for many the call penetrates to the depth of our very being. Cowboy Dressage World wants you to experience it all. Open your heart and mind and let’s saddle up and ride!
Eitan, Debbie, Garn and Lyn
- Walk/Jog/Lope#2 Vaquero Amateur and Open have been added to class list for Finals Show. If you wish to enter this and did not please contact Kelly Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check the Cowboy Dressage Facebook page for the Lead Line Pattern. It will also be posted at show office.
- New rules as of 9/30/15 on Tack, Attire and Amateur, Open and Jr status are at www.cowboydressage.com. Be sure to read all rules in premium and at www.cowboydressage.com.
- T-shirts and a page on the CDW website for Top Hand entries will not happen due to time constraints between close of entries and the show dates.
PLEASE JOIN US!
Exciting New Way to Enter These Two Amazing Events!
ENTER BOTH EVENTS ON LINE at: http://www.foxvillage.com
Click on Yellow box on right side of screen “Online Entries”
Locate Show (narrow search by selecting the State and Year)
Click “Enter Show” and sign up!
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
Please Contact Kelsey at Kelsey Morris email@example.com
We have a Lead Line Class (Class 75)
Event Schedule and Amazing Presentations/Competitions Taking Place Throughout the Show!http://cowboydressageworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/CowboyDressageFinalsPrizeList2015.pdf
The words below resonate deeply with Cowboy Dressage and Cowboy Dressage World. Often those who came before us got it right. We couldn’t have said it better than an “Old Cowboy’s Advice.”
An Old Cowboy’s Advice
- Keep your fences horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
- Keep skunks & bankers & lawyers at a distance.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
- A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
- Words that soak into your ears are whispered…not yelled.
- Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.
- Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
- Don’t corner something that would normally run from you.
- It doesn’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
- You cannot unsay a cruel word.
- Every path has a few puddles.
- When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
- The best sermons are lived, not preached.
- Most of the stuff people worry about is never gonna happen anyway.
- Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Don’t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t botherin’ you none.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
- Sometimes you get, & sometimes you get got.
- Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
- Good judgment comes from experience, & a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
- If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
- Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
As you plan your Cowboy Dressage journey there will be times this advice will come to mind. We hope it will help bring a smile to your face and a little laughter in your heart. Enjoy and Saddle Up.
Cowboy Dressage® is owned and trademarked by Debbie and Eitan Beth-Halachmy. It was founded in 1994 and is a separate business from Cowboy Dressage® World. Cowboy Dressage® World, LLC is a business that manages the infrastructure of Cowboy Dressage® . They are the ones who as a group write the rules, tests and general criteria. They manage the judging school and horse shows. Their job is huge and daunting. This is tight knit group who are dedicated to each other and all who support Cowboy Dressage® Cowboy Dressage® World makes Cowboy Dressage® happen!
Photos by Lesley Deutsch Blue Fountain Photography
Additional Photos by Lee Folino