Presenting SponsorThank you to our corporate sponsor Spalding Fly Predators.
“No Flies = Happy Horses” When the horses are happy we are happy!
Award Sponsors for 2017
Spalding Fly Predators www.spalding-labs.com
Buckaroo Leather www.buckarooleather.com
Dale Chavez Saddles and Silver www.dalechavezsaddles.com
Featherlite of California www.facebook.com/Featherlite-Trailers-of-Northern-California-285737818187789/
Saddle Fit Revolution www.saddlefitrevolution.com
Carlos Silver www. carlossilver.com
Osuna Boot Co www.facebook.com/osunaboots/
Rodeo Etc rodeoetc.com/chinks.htm
Hands On Gloves www.handsongloves.com
Noble Outfitters www.nobleoutfitters.com
Wahl Clippers www.wahlanimal.com
Ranch Hands Studio www.facebook.com/Customhorses/
Tumble Weed Cinches www.facebook.com/tumblingJmohairtack/?ref=br_rs
Sierrra Horse Wear www.sierrahorseware.com
Riding Wear House www.ridingwarehouse.com
Ricotti Saddle Company www.ricottisaddle.com/
Camy Etchell and Stephen Yeger
Carlino Family Farm
Mission Belle Supplements
Tomato Face Creations
Rhodes River Ranch
Rawking Horse Ranch
Kelley Rankin Little Bear Creek Ranch
American Mustang and Burro Association, Inc.
Bonnie Howiston/Flying Flower Ranch
Far West Cowboy Dressage
Grand Finale Stables
Jill von Ilten
Jill von Ilten
Lucky Duck Ranch
Marli & Jo Perry- Meadowview Morgans
Nonny Largent and Wyatt Paxton/Wy-Not Cowboy Dressage
Pam Cunningham Pierce
Susan & Stan Morey, Hallmark Farms
Western Sky Horsemanship
Wisconsin Cowboy Dressage
Largent Performances Horses
Cowboy Dressage of Northern California
September 5 – 10, 2017
Rancho Murieta Equestrian Center
Rancho Murieta, California
Welcome to Cowboy Dressage World Gathering and Finals 2017
Hard to believe it is our 5th year. Amazing what the power of thought, vision and unity can accomplish. Hard work too but then we have loved every minute of it.
Join us and we hope that you will love it as much as we do.
Many years from now you can look back and say, “I was part of that, I was there in the early days when we were all building our dream.”
Basic Show Schedule
- All classes each day except Free Style. This class will run at the end of the day on Thurs, Fri, Sat. Most likely in Arena 3.
- Arena’s 1,3,4,5,7 will be used
- Class to start between 7:30 am and 8 am each day. End at approx 6 pm
- Admission is free for the show.
- Food on grounds
- All rules and test at: www.cowboydressage.com/competition.html
Event High Lights
PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
Power Clinics at 2017 Gathering and Finals.
Do not miss this opportunity. This is the Mother of all CDW Clinics.
Cowboy Dressage Power Clinics for 2017 Gathering and Finals
Free Clinics and Education
In our endeavor to provide continuing education each year at our yearly gathering we will be hosting the following clinics free to our exhibitors and Handshake Members.
- Wednesday, September 6th, 9:00 a.m. –10:00 a.m. upstairs Arena 1 Dr. Robert Miller – Foal Imprinting Foal Imprinting and why it works and how it is done. Lots of equine behavior and equine learning abilities will be discussed.
- Wed September 6th, 10:00 am – 11:00 am upstairs Arena 1 Judging and Exhibitor Forum Come meet the judges and learn more about how a judge arrives at a score. This will be an open forum led by Cowboy Dressage Judge, Lynn McEnespy. This forum is open to all attending the Gathering and Finals. Riders participating in the Finals are strongly encouraged to attend. This forum is for you. Bring your judging questions. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Wednesday, September 6th, 11:00 a.m. – noon Arena 8 Ken Faulkner, Australia/Dr. Robert Miller – Ground Work for the Young Horse With a morning clinic on foal imprinting by Dr. Robert Miller we are very excited to have Ken Faulkner from Australia following up with some ground work techniques for the younger horse. Dr. Miller will assist with commentary during Ken’s clinic.
- Wednesday, September 6th, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Arena 8 Marcia Moore Harrison – Liberty Always wanted to have that partnership with your horse? Find out what it takes with CDWPA Member, Reserve Top Hand awards and Open High Point Award winner, Marcia Moore Harrison.
- Thursday, September 7th, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Clinics Arena 8
Ken Faulkner, Australia/Dr. Robert Miller – Progressing with the Young Horse
Ken and Dr. Miller will follow up and continue on with a second day of ground work progressing on to saddle work for the young horse.
- Friday, September 8th, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Clinic Arena 8
Ken Faulkner, Australia/Dr. Robert Miller – Continuing with the Young Horse Continuation of Ken Faulkner and Dr. Robert Miller on working with the Young Horse.
- Thursday, September 7th, 6:00- 6:30 pm Niki Wilde – Stretching and Relaxation in Your Horse
- Thursday, September 7th, 6:45 – 7:15 pm – Dr. Jenni Grimmet Why equine veterinarians love Cowboy Dressage! Jenni will discuss how Cowboy Dressage helps the horse maintain useful longevity and soundness.
- Thursday, September 7th, 7:30 – 8:00 pm Bina Sigil- Yoga for Riders
- Friday, September 8th, 6:00- 6:30 pm Kenda Firkins – Basic Principles of the Western Saddle
- Friday, September 8th, 6:45 – 7:15 pm Phil Monaghan – Horse Headgear and How It Really works
- Friday, September 8th, 7:30 – 8:00 pm Martina Bone- The Importance of Lateral Work. Martina will discuss shoulder in, leg yield, haunches in and half pass etc.
LEFT HIP BODY CLIP COMPETITION
COWBOY DRESSAGE ART SHOW
Body clip the right hip of your horse for a “grand prize.”
Entries will be judged on originality, artistic quality, and depth and detail of art work. To be judged on Saturday, September 9th following Top Hand competition and awards. Class must be entered using your Entry Form – See Class Number 95
Wahl Clippers joins Cowboy Dressage World as Sponsor for the Left Hip Body Clip Competition.
This is a fun competition that was a huge hit in previous years. We are looking forward to continuing this fun tradition. Body Clip entry is on the entry form.
Wahl Clippers: http://wahlanimal.com/
Silent Auction Items will be accepted at show office Thursday, September 7th. The Silent Auction is a highlight each year. Please be sure to bring your auction items and help support Cowboy Dressage World. You can contact Nadine Paxton for information 530-246-1548. Dimnd8@yahoo.com
Silent Auction will run from noon Saturday, September 9th thru Sunday, September 10th at 4:00 p.m.
Saturday Day/Early Evening
Top Hand Competition
Opening Ceremony National Anthem
Sung by JoAnn Gillespie (aka #6)
Top Hand Master of Ceremony – John Moe
Top Hand Calcutta
Top Hand Awards and Dinner
(Immediately Following Award Presentations)
Tickets Purchased on Entry Blank $22 each
Left Hip Body Clip Competition
Sunday Afternoon Awards
4:00 p.m. Arena 1 Porch
If you can sing, dance, tell stories, perform comedy, etc.,
be ready to entertain us while awards are being compiled.
Award Masters of Ceremony – Jenni and Dan Grimmett
Cold Drinks and Appetizers will be provided during Awards
Drawing for Educational Package Winners
To Be Held on Arena 1 Porch
Lynn McEnespy (TH preliminary judge and TH final judge, all days)
Jill Von Ilten, all days
Heather Lekan, all days
Sheryl Strathman, TH Finals, all days
Nonny Largent, all days
Top Hand Judges:
Lynn McEnespy, Judge at C
Kim Moats, TH Finals, only
Horse Show Manager: Wyatt Paxton
Assistant Show Manager: Ron Smith
Show Secretary: Bev Meyers and Kelly Rose
Assistant Show Secretary: Roberta Robertson
Co-Assistant Show Secretary/Volunteer Coordinator: Kelsey Morris
Office Coordinator/Gift Bags: Linda Adams
Barn Manager: Ron Smith
Courts & Banners: Staff
Silent Auction/Decorating: Nadine Paxton
Event Consultant/ Marketing/Sponsorships: JoAnn Gillespie
Awards Masters of Ceremony: Dr. Jenni and Dan Grimmett
Top Hand Master of Ceremony: John Moe
Bev Meyers: 916-335-0647: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Rose: 530-383-4935: email@example.com
Ron Smith: 530-613-1388: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wyatt Paxton: 530-784-8000: email@example.com
Kelsey Morris: 530-7981036: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nadine Paxton: 530-246-1548 Dimnd8@yahoo.com
JoAnn Gillespie: email@example.com
Cowboy Dressage: firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Dockter as the CDWPA Lecture Chair
Update on Show Photographers
Since we will have just one photographer at a time for multiple arenas it is advised that you make reservations ahead of time to assure your Kodak Moments. Please contact Kathy and Lee to reserve your ride photos now.
Note: Kathy only be able to photograph on Wed afternoon and all-day Thursday. Lee will photograph on Fri – Sun.
To our generous sponsors and volunteers: Your financial support is what allows Cowboy Dressage World to present the shows and gatherings held at Murieta Equestrian Center. It is our goal to offer a first class, welcoming, clean, safe and highly functional facility.
A Heart Felt “THANK YOU” to our Generous Sponsors
Without their support and commitment to Cowboy Dressage our shows would not be possible. If you see them at the show please tell them “thanks” and visit their websites.
Find our sponsors and links: www.cowboydressageworld.com/corporate-sponsors
*Please be sure to review Rules as changes and additions have taken place in the last 3 months