To enhance and promote professionals of Cowboy Dressage World as the premier purveyors of equine educational services. Cowboy Dressage serves to foster credibility, proficiency and advocacy through the endorsement of superior industry standards. We recognize the need to do so in a professional manner, and to deal with the public and our colleagues with the highest degree of integrity and to adhere to the Cowboy Dressage Handshake
- Being a member in good standing of CDWPA is an honor and a privilege. Always remember this. You are representing not only yourself, but, all of Cowboy Dressage World.
- Membership is under continual review by the Professional’s committee and the Cowboy Dressage World Partners. Have your liability insurance up to date. This is a requirement, no exceptions.
- Adhere to the professional standards of Cowboy Dressage World and continue to work to further its goals and objectives. Your conduct must be exemplary. Remember to award the try.
- Ensure that the welfare of the horse is paramount and that every Cowboy Dressage World participant and horse is treated humanely and with dignity, respect and compassion. We are the stewards of Cowboy Dressage. One of the reasons that many of us are involved is our commitment to treating riders and their horses with compassion and empathy.
- Instill confidence among clients and the public in Cowboy Dressage. Do your homework. Know the guidelines, how to score a test, and, were to send people for the answers. Keep your word.
- Avoid any action that would be discrediting to Cowboy Dressage or yourself. Your conduct at, and, outside of your event are very important.
Excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs,, or anything else that will impair your judgement may have irreversible consequences.
- Conduct all business affairs with integrity, sincerity and accuracy in an open and forthright manner. Be human. We all make mistakes. Own them and go forward.
- Handle business, operations and communications (including those through social media) in a manner that promotes the positive image and the “try” of Cowboy Dressage World. Social media can be a useful tool to promote your event. Use it wisely. Be mindful of your words. Once it is out there, you cannot take it back.