Mail all Judge Applications to:
PO Box 3473
Livermore, CA 94551
DOCUMENTS: JUDGE CHECKLIST
Collect ALL DOCUMENTS on Paper or in electronic form (PDF or JPG), depending on the method you choose to submit them.
- Complete the Cowboy Dressage® “Membership with a Handshake“
- Proof of mentoring session with Eitan Beth-Halachmy, Lyn Ringrose-Moe, or Garn Walker
- Video of Applicant riding Walk/Jog/Lope #3 with evaluation/description of ride
- Three professional references
- Proof of time with 4 different Recommended Cowboy Dressage judges at Cowboy Dressage shows
- Proof of two-day clinic with either Eitan Beth-Halachmy, Lyn Ringrose-Moe, or Garn Walker
- Proof of 16 hours of Scribe time
- Proof of a minimum of 8 hours sitting with judges, other than scribing.
- Proof of 8 hours of Recommended Cowboy Dressage Judge “shadow” time. (Shadow judging is judging a class at a Recommended Show off away from the judge presiding and comparing your scores to the official scoreboard. Please keep some sort of documentation of this to send in with your application.)
- Letter of recommendation from show management for judging schooling show. To include the number of rides judged. (Show management must be someone other than the judge applicant)
- Pay for your Judge Application first and then pay your Judge Annual Fee.
Make sure you send your full contact information by email so we can add you to our Directory
Clicking on the links below, you will be able to download and/or print some of the forms needed for your Judge submission.
After carefully reviewing and preparing the documents in the list above, click on the
WAYS TO SUBMIT link for information.
After you have been approved
Due upon Recommendation
Sign-up fee of $150
JUDGE ANNUAL FEE
Due upon Recommendation
Annual fee of $100
* = Any Challenge, Vaquero or Standard Cowboy Dressage Test or equal value excluding partnership tests.
** = Alternate method; sign-in to a live video feed of clinic of equal level or higher.
*** = Alternate method; provide a video/ CD/ via internet of a equal CD Test for review by Cowboy Dressage Judges of CDWPA.
(P) = Member on probation
To “mentor”; to teach, give advice or guidance to a CDWPA professional in good standing.
To “Intern”; to be a student who worked for a period of time with CDWPA professional in good standing, to gain experience and knowledge of Cowboy Dressage’s practices, principles and lifestyle.
To “coach”; to teach, instruct or train a student/client
“Partner”: is a Core member of Cowboy Dressage World and shall be considered the highest Level of professional for mentoring.
A “clinic”; is a clinic event instructed by a CDWPA professional/partner being in good standing.
“In good standing”; to pay any/all fees dues/fees to CDWPA, complete all required documentation in a timely manner and be actively participating in Cowboy Dressage events, Expos, clinics and/or play days.
To “volunteer”; is limited to Cowboy Dressage Play Days, Clinics, Gatherings, to participate as CDWPA board member or in Expo booths &/or demos, or similar.